This Week’s Order of Service
The Courage to Evolve – September 17, 2023
“Spirit of Life” #123
Welcome – Emily Cranwell, Worship Associate
Chalice Lighting – Rev. Paul Boothby
Opening Hymn “Love Will Guide Us” #131
Covenant of Our Fellowship (in unison)
“At the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Easton, we seek to nurture spiritual and intellectual growth for all ages, and to be actively involved in community outreach and service. Cherishing diversity, and celebrating our oneness with all humanity, we covenant to support each other in the spirit of compassion, respect, and love.”
Thoughts for All Ages – Rev. Boothby
Joys and Sorrows – Emily Cranwell
Meditation – Rev. Boothby
Sermon “The Courage to Evolve” – Rev. Boothby
Closing Hymn “This is My Song” #159
Announcements – Tina Jones
Closing Words and Extinguishing Our Chalice
PLEASE JOIN US AFTER SERVICE FOR COFFEE and FELLOWSHIP
Headphones are available for persons with hearing impairments. Large print hymnals are also available. Please ask the usher for assistance. Note: Please silence your cell phone for the service.
Music: Vincent Boone-Banko Sound: Dave Moore
Usher: Gayle Scroggs Tech Host: Emily Cranwell
Greeters: Maggie Garey and Christina Drostin
Coffee Hosts: Liz and Steve Parks
Next Sunday’s Service
“When We Err”
When Coach Ted Lasso (a fictional coach on TV) sees his players need to move on from a mistake, he reminds them to “Be a goldfish.” It’s his reminder that goldfish quickly let go of what has come before. How do we move on from our mistakes? When do we need to apologize or make amends? At this service with Rev. Sue Browning, we’ll consider practices from the world’s religions, including Judaism, which help us work through our mistakes with integrity.
Key Dates and Announcements
• All are invited to read “The Big Fix”; Our service about the book will be held on Oct.15 at 10 a.m.
• Q&A regarding Soul Matters Small Groups after service Oct. 1.
• Interested in helping with children’s Religious Education? To be an occasional Sunday volunteer, check in with Sarah.
• SAVE the DATE – Oct. 8 – All-church fall potluck after service.
• UUFE’s committees and pods will be hosting an “Activity Fair” after services on September 24, October 1, and October 8. We will learn about ways to engage and connect at UUFE.
• September outreach collection is for Critical Repairs Caroline County. See newsletter for details.
If you’d like to receive UUFE’s weekly e-newsletter (published Thursdays), please check in with today’s greeter or email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org.