Covid-19 Gathering Guidelines
As Modified March 13, 2022
Guidelines for Sunday Services
- While attending services or events at UUFE, masks are welcome but not required.
- UUFE expects all who attend in-person services be fully vaccinated and boosted if eligible. We understand that a few people may have a medical exception to being vaccinated, yet for the majority, and to protect those who cannot yet be vaccinated, we ask all others to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Only come to service if you are non-symptomatic for the Covid-19 virus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant. After a positive Covid test, the general guidance is not to attend services or events at UUFE for 10 days. Please see the CDC guidelines for more details.
- All persons entering must sign in upon entering the church. This information will be used for Contact Tracing in the event that an attendee, or someone close to the attendee, tests positive for the virus.
- UUFE will crack windows and doors in the sanctuary and meeting rooms in use to increase the flow of fresh air in the rooms.
- For congregational singing, choir and other musical offerings (e.g. instrumental music) masks are optional.
- Use of hymnals and passing the offering basket is permitted.
- Restrooms may be used.
- We are again allowing food and beverages to be served at UUFE. Please follow good hygiene practices (use of tongs, spreading out food stations, washing hands) when setting up for food and drink distribution.
- The Religious Education (RE) program will generally follow these guidelines, and may make adjustments to keep our children and families safe. Please contact Liz Hausburg for specific RE Covid protocols. (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- While attending an outside event at the church masks are optional.
- We encourage that socializing after the service be done outdoors, weather permitting.
In all we do, we encourage an atmosphere of caution and a culture of respect.
We recognize the need to continually assess these guidelines as conditions change. The congregation will be promptly notified of any changes which are made to these
If there are questions on these guidelines, please contact one of the members of the Re-Opening Task Force (Tom Arnold, Emily Cranwell, Christina Drostin, Liz Hausburg, Bozena Lamparska, Leigh Marquess, Peter Paul or Rev. Sue Browning).