How well does your committee score when compared against these leadership best practices?
- Does the committee have a mission statement?
- Does the committee have written goals for this year?
- Are all committee positions currently filled?
- Is there a planned successor to lead this committee?
- Does the committee have a defined process to recruit new members?
- Does the committee make an effort to involve youth when appropriate?
- Is orientation/training provided for new members?
- Has the committee written and kept up-to-date descriptions of committee jobs/roles? Have these been submitted to the Nominating & Leadership Development Committee for inclusion in the job description archive for the Fellowship?
- Does the committee leadership request feedback from committee members?
- Does the committee have a written agenda for meetings?
- Are minutes taken at each meeting and sent out to committee members?
- Are jobs shared among committee members?
- Does the committee share their accomplishments with the congregation?
- Does the committee chairperson periodically thank its members by phone, e-mail, or card?