The Building & Grounds Committee is organized for the following purposes:
- Provide input on budget requirements and long range plans for the buildings and grounds.
- Routinely inspect buildings to protect our investment.
- Provide supervision for volunteer projects.
- Maintain essential building records.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Committee on building rental needs.
- Define required projects to meet the needs of the Fellowship.
The committee has three subcommittees with the following functions:
- Create unified and harmonious spaces throughout the building.
- Monitor, consult, and advise on changes or additions to both the interior and exterior of the building.
- Plan for aesthetic additions such as display of art in the foyer or wall hangings or other additions to the worship space.
- Work in consultation with other committees to insure that aesthetic components are considered jointly with function.
Building Maintenance Subcommitte
- Establish minimum standards for building repair and new projects.
- Schedule building repairs and track completion.
- Schedule routine maintenance of building operating systems.
- Establish a site storage policy/plan.
- Manage site waste disposal and snow plowing.
- Maintain a list of volunteers with maintenance skills within the Fellowship.
- Manage building custodial services.
- Maintain a site landscaping master plan.
- Manage the design of new beds and plantings on the grounds and the lawn mowing contract.
- Routinely inspect grounds and landscaping to detect problem areas.
- Schedule workdays to maintain beds and plantings around buildings and on the grounds
See also the Building & Grounds Resources.