UUFE is a 110-member congregation in Easton on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland. We seek a quarter-time Music Director starting in August 2017 to inspire, motivate, and minister to our choir and congregation in music.
The Music Director will:
1) Direct and possibly accompany our choir of 10-12 individuals at a worship service one or two times a month,
2) Organize special music including vocal ensembles and instrumental or vocal solos by music professionals or talented individuals in the congregation for some worship services when the choir is not singing, and
3) Schedule accompanists for all worship services.
- 10-month work year (mid-August thru mid-June)
- 10 hours/week average
- Choir rehearsal on Thursday evenings.
- Choir typically performs two anthems and a benediction at worship services.
- Annual compensation of $7,500.
- Degree in Music or equivalent experience.
- Experience in choral conducting required, preferably with a congregation or other membership based organization.
- Candidate should be competent in piano and voice and be willing to work with the minister and staff in worship service preparation and other church musical activities.
- Familiarity with an eclectic variety of music for choir use.
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist principles and services preferred, but not required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
The Music Director will benefit from an active Music Committee to provide much support, along with a talented and musical Congregation.
If you are interested, please contact and send your resume to:
Dick Doughty, Music Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or phone 410-822-8103 (Thursdays and Sundays, or leave a message).
Mail submissions may be sent to:
Dick Doughty c/o UUFE
PO Box 1162
Easton, MD 21601
For more information about the Fellowship visit our website at www.uufeaston.org
A PDF version of this page is available here. (Link expires 7 Aug 2017.)